London | Kevin Spacey Appears In Court After Being Charged With Sexual Assault Against 3 Men

London | Kevin Spacey Appears In Court After Being Charged With Sexual Assault Against 3 Men

0 0
Read Time:2 Minute, 16 Second

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey appeared in court on Thursday charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men.


London, United Kingdom | The accusations relate to incidents that allegedly took place in London and Gloucester between 2005 and 2013, while Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London.

US actor Kevin Spacey was granted bail at his first appearance at a London court Thurday after being charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men.

Spacey spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and London address during a brief procedural hearing, and a date of July 14 was set for his next hearing.

Spacey’s lawyer told the court he “strenuously denies” all allegations of criminality.

The charges are:

  • Two counts of sexual assault on a man in March 2005 in London.
  • Sexual assault on a man and causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, in August 2008 in London.
  • Sexual assault on a man in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.
Kevin Spacey Arriving In Court

Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service authorised the charges against him last month, but Spacey – who is American – could only be formally charged once he had travelled to the UK earlier this week.

The most serious charge of causing a man to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent is an indictable-only offence, meaning it can only be tried in Crown Court.

The Hollywood actor, 62, is expected to deny the charges.

In a statement released to Good Morning America last month, Spacey is quoted as saying: “I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven otherwise.”

“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”

Back in April, Spacey asked a judge to throw out a separate accusation pertaining to an alleged incident of sexual abuse against a teenager at a party in 1986 at Spacey’s Manhattan home.

The lawsuit says that a then 26-year-old Spacey, without the alleged victim’s consent, “engaged in a sexual advance” by grabbing his buttocks and lifting him onto a bed and laying on his body.

But Spacey’s lawyers in April argued the alleged encounter cannot qualify as sexual abuse as the alleged victim “wriggled out” with no resistance during an encounter of less than 30 seconds.

Never Miss a News

Register for STESS’ Newsletter

Do you want to send us your videos or pictures or even scoops? Contact us via email [email protected]

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

About Post Author

What Do You Think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: