New York Mobster Whom Escaped Back In Custody, U.S. Marshals say

New York Mobster Whom Escaped Back In Custody, U.S. Marshals say

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 19 Second

A New York-based mobster is back in custody after an extensive manhunt following his escape last week, the U.S. Marshals Service announced Monday. Dominic Taddeo, 64, was arrested around 11 a.m. ET on Monday by the U.S. Marshals Service in the District of Florida and the Florida Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force.

“The tenacious work of the involved deputy marshals and the cooperation between our offices resulted in the quick capture of Mr. Taddeo,” U.S. Marshal Bill Berger said in a statement Monday.

Taddeo was staying at a residential halfway house in Florida at the time of his escape. Taddeo failed to return to the facility following a medical appointment on March 28, the U.S. Marshals Service said.

Taddeo was only one year away from his expected release date when he escaped, according to the Marshals Service. In 2021, a judge denied him compassionate release, denying Taddeo’s claim that numerous health problems, including hypertension and obesity, put him at increased risk for complications COVID-19, according to The Associated Press.

Taddeo in 1992 pleaded guilty to multiple charges, which included the killings of three men in the 1980s on behalf of the organized crime syndicate La Cosa Nostra, the U.S. Marshals Service said.

Taddeo had been incarcerated at a medium-security prison in Florida until February, when he was transferred to the halfway house he escaped from.

Never Miss a News

Register for STESS’ Newsletter

Do you want to send us your videos or pictures or even scoops? Contact us via email [email protected]

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

What Do You Think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: