0 0
Read Time:2 Minute, 16 Second

The civil sexual assault case brought against Prince Andrew in the US has been officially dismissed after he paid a reported £12 million settlement to his accuser Virginia Giuffre, an amount that the Treasury reassures did not come from the Sovereign Grant to the royal family or any other government funded money.

The civil sexual assault case brought against the Duke of York in the US has been officially dismissed after he paid a financial settlement to his accuser Virginia Giuffre.
“Stipulation of Dismissal” court documents were filed on Tuesday calling for the legal action to be dismissed.

The joint order filed with the US District Court Southern District of New York added that each party would pay their own costs and fees.

Judge Lewis Kaplan signed the order shortly before 10pm UK time, bringing the long-running civil case to a close.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Treasury confirmed no taxpayer funds were used for Andrew’s multi-million pound payment or for his legal fees.

A Freedom of Information request asked whether any money from the Sovereign Grant to the royal family or any other government funded money was used for either the out-of-court payment to Ms Giuffre or for Andrew’s legal costs.

The Treasury’s response said: “No public money has been used to pay legal or settlement fees you refer to.”

The joint order filed with the US District Court Southern District of New York added that each party would pay their own costs and fees . Court documents said “each party to bear her/his own costs and fees.”

Virginia Giuffre VS Prince Andrew | Rape Case Officially Dismissed

Prince Andrew Reaches Settlement With Virginia Giuffre On Rape Case

Prince Andrew Rape Case | Andrew Seeks Jury Trial, Lawyers

Prince Andrew’s Lawyers Seek Depositions From Virginia Giuffre’s Husband And Psychologist

Once Judge Lewis Kaplan signs the order, the long-running civil case will come to an official end.

Andrew has faced calls to confirm how he funded the substantial out-of-court settlement – which is reported to be as much as £12 million – and whether the Queen or even the Prince of Wales contributed to the sum.

The Queen receives £21.7 million a year from the Duchy of Lancaster and is believed to use an unknown amount of this private income to fund Andrew’s royal duties and part of his private life.
This private Duchy income is separate from the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant.
The Queen receives the Sovereign Grant to fund her official duties as head of state and to maintain the occupied Royal Palaces.

No member of the royal family receives a private income from the grant or any other public funds.
Buckingham Palace has yet to comment. Clarence House declined to comment as to whether Charles had helped his brother with the payment.

Do you want to send us your videos or pictures or even scoops? Contact us via email [email protected]

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

What Do You Think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: