On Wednesday January 12, New York Judge Lewis Kaplan gave his ruling on the dismissal of Virginia Giuffre’s sexual abuse case against Prince Andrew, Duke of York.
After the hearing held on January 4, Judge Kaplan denied the motion made by Prince Andrew’s lawyers to dismiss the case. The trial is moving forward.
Kaplan dismissed Andrew’s legal arguments that a 2009 settlement deal between Jeffrey Epstein and Ms Giuffre could shield the royal from liability.
Judge Kaplan was equally scathing of other arguments made by Andrew’s attorney Andrew Brettler, including that Ms Giuffre’s claims were too vague, and should have fallen outside of statue of limitations.
As a reminder, Judge Kaplan also presides the Anthony Rapp VS Kevin Spacey Rape case. Kevin Spacey was named during the Ghislaine Maxwell Trial as someone who boared the Lolita Express and visite Jeffrey Epstein Island.
Buckingham Palace have refused to comment on a judge’s ruling to allow Virginia Giuffre’s sexual abuse lawsuit against Prince Andrew to proceed.
“We would not comment on what is an ongoing legal matter.’
Giuffre VS Andrew, Rape Case Moves Forward What Happens Now?
Virginia Giuffre VS Prince Andrew Duke of York | Prince Andrew will have to answer accusations that he sexually abused Virginia Roberts Giuffre aged 17 after a judge denied his attempt to have the lawsuit dismissed.
The decision on Wednesday by US District Judge Lewis Kaplan paves the way for Ms Giuffre’s lawyers to enter into a protracted discovery and deposition phase that could draw in other members of the royal family, according to the Independent.
Andrew now faces a lengthy discovery phase in which he may have to turn over his private communications and sit for a deposition under oath.
Both parties must disclose expert witnesses by 13 May and rebuttal witnesses one month later.
Discovery of evidence must be completed by 14 July and a joint pretrial proposal filed by 28 July, outlining whether the parties wish to proceed to a jury trial.
Judge Kaplan has given a timeframe of between September and October for the trial to commence.
Meghan Markle could be called as a witness in Prince Andrew’s sexual assault lawsuit, according to Virginia Giuffre’s attorney.
‘She is somebody we can count on to tell the truth,’ attorney David Boises says
David Boise told The Daily Beast last month that Ms Markle may have “important knowledge” of allegations that Andrew abused his Ms Giuffre three times when she was 17.
Virginia Giuffre has welcomed a decision by Judge Lewis Kaplan to allow her sexual assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew to move forward.
In a statement to The Independent, her attorney David Boies said: “Virginia Giuffre is, of course, pleased that Prince Andrew’s motion to dismiss has been denied, and that evidence will now be taken concerning her claims against him.
“She looks forward to a judicial determination of the merits of those claims.”
Read the Prince Andrew Court Ruling In Full
Do you want to send us your videos or pictures or even scoops? Contact us via email email@example.com